1. Choose the most appropriate phrase from the options given below to complete the following sentence.
The aircraft _______ take off as soon as its flight plan was filed.
(A) is allowed to
(B) will be allowed to
(C) was allowed to
(D) has been allowed to
2. Read the statements:
All women are entrepreneurs.
Some women are doctors.
Which of the following conclusions can be logically inferred from the above statements?
(A) All women are doctors
(B) All doctors are entrepreneurs
(C) All entrepreneurs are women
(D) Some entrepreneurs are doctors
3. Choose the most appropriate word from the options given below to complete the following sentence.
Many ancient cultures attributed disease to supernatural causes. However, modern science has largely helped _________ such notions.
4. The statistics of runs scored in a series by four batsmen are provided in the following table. Who is the most consistent batsman of these four?
Batsman Average Standard deviation K 31.2 5.21 L 46.0 6.35 M 54.4 6.22 N 17.9 5.90
5. What is the next number in the series?
12 35 81 173 357 ____
6. Find the odd one from the following group:
W,E,K,O I,Q,W,A F,N,T,X N,V,B,D
7. For submitting tax returns, all resident males with annual income below Rs 10 lakh should fill up Form P and all resident females with income below Rs 8 lakh should fill up Form Q. All people with incomes above Rs 10 lakh should fill up Form R, except non residents with income above Rs 15 lakhs, who should fill up Form S. All others should fill Form T. An example of a person who should fill Form T is
(A) a resident male with annual income Rs 9 lakh
(B) a resident female with annual income Rs 9 lakh
(C) a non-resident male with annual income Rs 16 lakh
(D) a non-resident female with annual income Rs 16 lakh
8. A train that is 280 metres long, travelling at a uniform speed, crosses a platform in 60 seconds and passes a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. What is the length of the platform in metres?
9. The exports and imports (in crores of Rs.) of a country from 2000 to 2007 are given in the following bar chart. If the trade deficit is defined as excess of imports over exports, in which year is the trade deficit 1/5th of the exports?
10. You are given three coins: one has heads on both faces, the second has tails on both faces, and the third has a head on one face and a tail on the other. You choose a coin at random and toss it, and it comes up heads. The probability that the other face is tails is