GATE 2019 Set-1
1. The lengths of a large stock of titanium rods follow a normal distribution with a mean (𝜇) of 440 mm and a standard deviation (𝜎) of 1 mm. What is the percentage of rods whose lengths lie between 438 mm and 441 mm?
GATE 2019 Set-2
1. If x is the mean of data 3, x, 2 and 4, then the mode is____
GATE 2018 Set-1
1. Four red balls, four green balls and four blue balls are put in a box. Three balls are pulled out of the box at random one after another without replacement. The probability that all the three balls are red is
2. A six-faced fair dice is rolled five times. The probability (in %) of obtaining “ONE” atleast four times is
GATE 2017 Set-1
1. A six-face fair dice is rolled a large number of times. The mean value of the outcomes is ______.
GATE 2017 Set-2
1. The standard deviation of linear dimensions P and Q are 3μm and 4μm respectively. When assembled, the standard deviation (in μm) of the resulting linear dimension (P+Q) is ________
2. Two coins are tossed simultaneously. The probability (upto two decimal points accuracy) of getting at least one head is ____________
3. A sample of 15 data is a follows: 17, 18, 17, 17, 13, 18, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 20, 17, 3. The mode of the data is
GATE 2016 Set-1
1. Consider a Poisson distribution for the tossing of a biased coin. The mean for this distribution is µ. The standard deviation for this distribution is given by
GATE 2016 Set-3
1. The area (in percentage) under standard normal distribution curve of random variable Z within limits from −3 to +3 is __________
GATE 2015 Set-1
- Among the four normal distributions with probability density functions as shown below, which one has the lowest variance?